Saturday, April 20, 2019

Zainab Tambawala story - thyroid, asthama and beyond


My journey with Thac started 5 years ago, a year after mainstream doctors had found that my symptoms were connected to a thyroid, with asthma as an add on, and a pre diabetic condition as cherry on top. The thought of being on a medication forever, was something I could not accept.

I went from several doctors to nutritionists trying to find that person who would say that this would go away. On the contrary I met doctors who  said that in spite of the increasing medication, the symptoms would not go away, and nutritionists who deprived me of everything I loved to eat.

There was no way I could come to terms with the fact that at the age of 35, I would be in a constant state of fatigue, waking up at 8am and back in bed by 10am, depressed and not being able to achieve anything I wanted to do.

The 3 day workshop, my first interaction with THAC, was almost like the pieces of the jigsaw falling into place, and the picture was so crystal clear that it was surprising that with my overly analytical mind, I had not been able to see it all along. I wanted to jump with joy. My truest and most exciting time was, when I tasted the food at the 3 day and realised that I wouldn’t have be deprived of what I loved to eat.
 
The magic and the power of the body to heal and come back into balance was an eye opener which have made the past 5 years a liberating experience. 

As the body started coming back into into balance, the need for me to go hunting around the house for something sweet to eat one day, and then be guilty and tired the next day went away. As the body came back into balance the need for medication went away. As the symptoms reduced, my energy levels  started to get  better.   

With every consultation and conversation, I was more tuned in to what the body required. Most often I would tend to shut down cravings or the need to rest. I find now that this ability of the body to communicate with very small things that we tend to overlook and not pay attention to is the most amazing part of this journey.

One time when I was quite ill, I really felt like putting my feet in warm water. But I shut that thought off because I was too tired to get up and do that. After a day I received a call from THAC to do exactly that and I was instantly feeling better. 

With every interaction with Anju, my way of looking at things went through a shift and old habits got rewired. My relationship with food changed. The insecurity I faced with being deprived of what I loved to eat went through a shift.

5 years later, I feel now that I know no other way. My old habits and all the torture that I put myself through under the label of health are a faded memory. I am able to look at and appreciate the smaller things- one of the things I had lost along the way.  I do what I love most. I am more focused, and calmer. All I can say that its been a journey that has slowly unfolded in the most gentle, and magical way to create a transformation that has become part of every cell of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment