Friday, April 19, 2019

Megha – on asthama, fertility, PCOD, Obesity…

Megha – on asthama, fertility, PCOD, Obesity

I would like to talk about my personal journey with THAC. It started in 2012 and I was fortunate to start my journey with Dr. Venkat. I came to THAC battling with asthma, pcod, obesity. Apart from that I was also trying to conceive and the “experts” were pushing me in the direction of various interventions like IUI, IVF. All Dr. Venkat said was, “Trust Me”. And so I did. And it has been a fantastic ride since then.
  • Lost asthma and the inhaler within a month
  • Was pregnant in 2 months
  • Had a normal delivery at 37 years. Did not take any vitamins, iron, etc during my pregnancy.
  • PCOD: I am sure it is gone
  • Haven’t done any tests in 5 years and counting
  • Lost 17 kgs and counting 😊
  • My daughter is a THAC baby
I don’t want to go in the principles around which THAC works because all of us have gone through the workshops and discussed it to no end.

All I want to focus is on the positives that came about because I trusted the system; learnt to listen to my body and thoughts. The two phrases that have stuck with me are “It is ok” and “Let it go”.

I hope my journey inspires you and helps in your own. I am work in progress and will forever be. I leave this with heartfelt gratitude to THAC and its team; to all of you here who are my support and guide.

My challenges came when my daughter was born. Convincing my family to agree to not give vaccinations, milk, sugar and wheat to her was a struggle.

The biggest challenge was though to overcome my own fear when she fell sick at 2 years. Her fever touched 103+ and she would just wanted to be held through the night. Today I don’t even remember very clearly what I did and how I got through the night. It took a lot of faith in what I had learnt and experienced myself with THAC; and instincts as a mother to let her to heal on her own. It was only couple of hours; the fever gave way and she slept peacefully. Next day she slept a lot, ate/ drank a little and was completely recovered by evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment