Friday, April 19, 2019

Ruchi Maheshwari story – Freedom from 20 year pain

 Ruchi Maheshwari story – Freedom from 20 year pain

When I first visited THAC 3 years ago, I thought I was just tagging along with my husband & his parents who were having specific dis-ease. How could eating fruits and not having dairy disappear the mild pain and soreness I lived with for last 20+ years & the tail bone pain of last 10 years. Those were structural and posture issues…

But I went along anyway – what’s the harm in eating healthier??

In 3 weeks of following all that Dr. Venkat told me, my pain disappeared! I started sleeping throughout the night, every night. My unpredictable menstrual cycle, which had disrupted my life since the age of 13 eased out into a predictable pattern over the next few months.

Waking up every morning with the energy, raring to go was new to me – all my life, I had trouble getting out of bed because I had tossed and turned most of the night. I didn’t know my “normal” health could become so much better. Food becomes structure, Thac tells us – That is so obvious, why didn’t I ever think about it?

Last week, just as I finished my dinner, I started to hiccup. Every 10 seconds, very uncomfortable on a full stomach! I tried holding my breath. I tried sipping exactly 8 sips of water. I tried a cold pack on tummy. I tried deep breathing.

The more I tried to control the spasm in my diaphragm, the more the hiccups continued. Then I remembered a recent discussion with a group of Thac friends on ‘letting go’. So I just lay down and relaxed those stomach muscles I had been clenching. “I surrender to my body” I thought, and the hiccups were gone! This small event taught me to get out of my own way and let my body do what it needs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment